At Centrifuge, we have a big vision, work with some of the largest companies on the planet, and are supported by Mosaic and BlueYard, two of the best VCs in Europe and the space, amongst others.
We have a welcoming, agile and experienced team of start-up veterans, finance professionals and skilled developers and offer competitive compensation based on your skills, not your gender or background. Our team members are self-starters, we have flat hierarchies and welcome ideas and contributions beyond your job description.
We are looking for an experienced Rust engineer to build our Centrifuge Chain based on Parity Substrate. We work with cutting-edge blockchain technology: Parity Substrate, Ethereum, zkSNARKs, and more
All our work is open source and focused on decentralization. Some links to technical details about Centrifuge, our mission & vision, and recent product launches.
You are an experienced developer, have worked with Rust and care about decentralized technology. You want to join a team of experienced technologists and business people, who really care about writing high quality, open-source systems that solve real problems. You are self-motivated and don't need many directions to get a job done together with your teammates. We are knowledgeable, curious, and nice people, who have a shared vision to re-shape the world of business software. We would love to hear from you if this feels like a good home for you.
Centrifuge's main office is located in Kreuzberg in Berlin close to other leading Blockchain projects such as Gnosis, Parity, Cosmos, Web3 Foundation, and more. Most of our team is based in Berlin but we welcome remote work.
- Design and architect distributed systems and their components (e.g. interaction between our p2p document exchange network and Centrifuge Chain, utilizing zero knowledge proofs).
- Be a key contributor by writing clean, maintainable, secure blockchain code that enables a new financial supply chain which will be used by thousands of businesses and nonprofits.
- Build software with Rust, occasionally working with tools and applications that support the Centrifuge Chain (e.g. front-end for the Chain, Ethereum bridges).
- Support other internal and external teams integrating with Centrifuge Chain to make integration for them as frictionless as possible.
- Work on our open-source codebase together with internal and external contributors.
- Support the Centrifuge network overall: Users, validators, system integrators, and more.
- Prioritize scalability, security, and ease of deployment for our end-users.
- Drive your projects from inception to completion by owning your own deliverable and collaborating with your teammates.
- Be a strong individual contributor in our team-oriented environment. We care about our team and people and value collaboration.
- You have 5+ years of professional software development experience and have already contributed to open source projects.
- You professionally developed software written in Rust for 2+ years.
- You like solving problems and working with smart, nice people.
- A strong and proven computer science or computer engineering background.
- Track record of high quality, well-crafted code that has been used in production environments.
- Leadership and architecture experience are a plus, knowledge of finance IT won’t hurt.
- You were involved in designing the architecture of complex (ideally decentralized) projects and saw them through to production deployment.
- You are familiar with cryptographic algorithms, decentralized systems, distributed consensus systems, and security and trust reduction.
- You are interested or even involved in current research & development of decentralized technologies (libp2p, consensus algorithms, Proof of Stake, Cosmos, Polkadot, etc.)
- You have authored or been a major contributor to open source projects in the Rust ecosystem.
- You know your way around writing code for large-scale peer to peer or blockchain applications.
- Experience with managing open source projects.
- Experience shipping and maintaining code that is used in enterprise environments.
Centrifuge is the decentralized operating system to power global trade and commerce. We are building the systems and tools on public blockchain infrastructure to enable open, fair, and transparent business within the Financial Supply Chain.
Over the last 20 years, we built companies and software to address major issues in the world of Procure to Pay. Global large-scale business networks, invoicing between companies, providing financing for the supply chain - to name a few services we created over the years.
Centrifuge OS allows businesses to transact on a global, decentralized network while maintaining control of their data. It democratizes access to business processes, makes the supply chain more transparent, and removes the middle-men who extract money from the global economy for their own sake.